Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 22, 2008

You may or may not have noticed that I wasn't here last week. You also may or may not have noticed that Nicholas and Victoria aren't here today. Months ago before I ever dreamed of not being reappointed to Rogers First United Methodist Church, Amanda and I signed on as cooks on a Central Texas Conference Youth in Mission (CTCYM) mission trip to Springfield, MO. Last week as Dennis was bringing the message here, I was somewhere between Ardmore, OK, and Springfield, MO, driving a 15 passenger van towing a 16 ft cargo trailer loaded with tools and luggage.

During the week Amanda and I cooked for youth and adults from three Central Texas United Methodist Churches who repaired roofs, fixed bathrooms, cleared overgrown yards, repaired and painted walls, built wheelchair ramps and built steps to an inaccessible back door. They also showed many people, including themselves, a glimpse of what it means to live their faith.

I would like to thank each of you here at Bruceville-Eddy for allowing me to participate in this wonderful experience. If you have a few minutes sometime, ask us about it. It spoke volumes to me that when I mentioned the conflict with my first Sunday with you, the Staff Parish Relations Committee instantly said, "Go be with the youth. Honor your commitment." Again I thank you.

Now my commitment shifts to Bruceville-Eddy United Methodist Church. Amanda and I are very excited to be a part of this church. It will take us some time to get to know each of you, so please be patient with us. I will be sharing some insights into the ways that I see God working in our church, our community and in my life in the time to come. Please pray for our church and me and my family as we all make this wonderful transition.


God bless,

Pastor Brad

No comments: