I cannot imagine a better welcome than Amanda, Katie and I received this past week at Bruceville-Eddy. Not only was everyone friendly and appeared genuinely happy to meet us, many persons checked on us throughout the week. Amanda and I both thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
As we move forward in our journey here at Bruceville-Eddy, I would like to meet with as many of you as possible to understand your hopes and dreams for our church. How can our church best reach out to our community? Where is there a need that is crying out for us to meet? How can we better meet the needs (physical and spiritual) of our members? What can we do to enhance our worship, our study, our prayer time, ... so that we are closer to God tomorrow than we were today? These just a sample of the many areas that I would like us to explore. Last week in the message, I quoted Lewis Carroll who said, “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” I have yet to meet anyone at Bruceville-Eddy who would be satisfied with just “any road”. Send me an email. Give me a call. Let's do coffee or lunch.
An additional part of our journey will be finding the center of God's will for each of us and collectively as a church. God has uniquely gifted each of us with abilities commonly known as “spiritual gifts”. In the weeks to come, we will examine these and in the process learn how to say, “No” when needed so we can say, “Yes” to those areas where God has equipped us.
Finally as we celebrate Independence Day later this week, let's remember the sacrifice of those who gave us (and are giving us) our freedom. Thank a veteran. Say a prayer for those currently serving in the armed services, especially those in harms way. Thank God for allowing us to live in a country where we can live and worship as we choose and give Him all the glory.
God bless,
Pastor Brad

No comments:
Post a Comment